Did you know it’s National Novel Promotion Month? #NaNoProMo
Many of you are familiar with #NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) held every November) to inspire writers to write books. There’s even #NaNoEdMo (National Novel Editing Month) every March to help writers edit the book they wrote in November).
My colleague Rachel Thompson has researched and realized there is no book marketing specific month. D’oh! So last year she created #NaNoProMo — National Novel Promotion Month, to take place in May. It was a huge success, with writers and sponsors from all over the world participating!
She’s continuing it this year! (I know, I’m a little late jumping on the bandwagon. But hey, life.) I wanted to share it with you so that you could take advantage of this fun, free challenge to focus on promoting your novels.
More about National Novel Promotion Month (#NaNoProMo) here:
- Official page and how to get involved: https://badredheadmedia.com/nanopromo/
- On Twitter: https://twitter.com/NaNoProMo
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nationalnovelpromotionmonth/
Rachel has created a nonprofit to support authors in their book marketing in a non spammy, way. This month she’ll be offering daily tips, weekly Twitter chats, and prizes and goodies from her sponsors.
You can read all about the challenge here: https://medium.com/the-1000-day-mfa/what-is-nanopromo-national-novel-promotion-month-and-why-should-writers-participate-6c3fc0aac802
There’s no cost to be involved in #NaNoProMo, no strings attached.
So if you want to put focus on your book marketing this month, or just start the process, check out all Rachel has to offer.
If you want to lay the foundations for your book marketing, you could start with our course, Branding for Novelists here.
If you’d like to peruse more marketing articles on the blog, start here.
A few popular ones to start with are here:
- “A Roadmap for Book Marketing for Novelists” https://writersfunzone.com/blog/2019/02/27/a-roadmap-for-book-marketing-for-novelists/
- “Heart-Centered Book Marketing by Beth Barany” https://writersfunzone.com/blog/2018/06/13/heart-centered-book-marketing-by-beth-barany/
- “Book Marketing with Newsletter Swaps by Ezra Barany” https://writersfunzone.com/blog/2018/05/10/book-marketing-with-newsletter-swaps-by-ezra-barany/