Craft Great Villains to Write A Compelling Story
Craft Great Villains
How Do You Develop a Villain? Developing Your Characters Part 5 by Beth Barany
– I reference a few books in this article.
Love Your Bad Guys by Kay Keppler
– An overview of villains vs. antagonists.
How to Build an Epic Rivalry Between Your Hero and Your Villain by Bonnie Johnston
– A 4-layered approach with an invite to Bonnie’s course on the topic.
Villains in Literature
– An overview to inspire you.
Learn How to Have a Life of Crime: Writing Crime Fiction By Margaret Lucke
– She has a book on writing crime fiction: Writing Mysteries: https://www.amazon.com/Writing-Mysteries-Self-Counsel-Margaret-Lucke/dp/1551802058/
5 Ways to Help Your Readers Fall in Love with Your Villain by Keri Kruspe
– When you love your villain, so will the reader.
Indie Author Feature: Creating Characters That Come Alive
– I like her take on developing her characters. Maybe it will be useful to you.
If you need help to craft great villains, then check out the articles above.
Subscribe to this blog for more writer resources:
More about the Writer’s Fun Zone editor and publisher, Beth Barany
Beth Barany teaches genre fiction writers, primarily, science fiction and fantasy novelists, how to write, edit, and publish their books as a coach, teacher, consultant, and developmental editor. She’s an award-winning fantasy and science fiction novelist and runs the podcast, “How To Write The Future.” More at bethbarany.com.