Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing Strategies for Shy Writers
About the book
Social media book marketing is key to building your author platform and to selling more books.
For many authors, the idea of sharing themselves with the world through Twitter and other social media platforms can be petrifying.
But in Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing for Shy Writers, you will discover simple ways to connect with your audience and potential readers.
In this easy-to-read guide, written by a shy writer, novelist and teacher, Beth Barany, you’ll find the confidence and encouragement to step into social media and the how-to steps on what to say, how to find your followers, and how to present yourself in 140 characters or less.
With a focus on Twitter, the author takes you through the principles you need to understand to make this medium useful to your writing career.
Chapters cover such topics as:
- How get to set up your Twitter profile
- How to get comfortable with Twitter
- How to craft messages to get your potential readers curious
- How to build your network on Twitter
- How to use special tools like hashtags and chats
- Examples of what other writers say on Twitter
- How to make best use of your Twitter time
- How to use Twitter to build your author career even before you’re published
- And more!
Delivered in 20 short chapters, Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing for Shy Writers is designed to be read and then acted upon, so you can build your audience and your brand today.
Where to Buy the Book
- Amazon Kindle | in print on Amazon
- BarnesAndNoble.com (ebook for the Nook and print)
Resources and Twitter Tools
More resources added all the time. If you find a resource you’d like me to add to the list, just contact me.
- List of Author and writing related hashtags: #amwriting; #amediting; #writing; #writegoal; #askagent; #yalitchat; #litchat; #journchat. More Twitter chats are listed here:http://inkygirl.com/weekview/.
- To participate in Twitter chats, you can use this tool: http://www.Tweetchat.com.
- Download a tracking sheet for your Social Media Stats here. (one page; downloads as an .xls file)
- Just Unfollow
- Twitter Badges and Widgets
- All Twitter
- Marketing Pilgrim
- Web Marketing Terms
- Search Hash
- Tweet Adder
- Manage Flitter
I was interviewed about tips from my book, Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing for Shy Writers, at the National Association of Memoir Writers, by Linda Joy Myers.
For an overview of the interview go here.
For the full interview, click here to listen, or right-click and choose “Save as…” to download to your hard drive.