10 Ways to Inspire Your Fiction by Beth Barany
In no particular order:
- Listen to music on shuffle (I used Apple Music, but you could just as easily use Spotify, Pandora, etc.)
- Go to an art gallery (IRL — in real life — or virtually)
- Take a walk outdoors
- Watch something out of the ordinary on Netflix
- Browse at the bookstore or library and see what you’re drawn to
- Speak to a stranger and ask about their hobbies
- Ask a friend what lights them up
- Eat a new food
- Travel virtually via Instagram (I love traveling to Paris. Where would you love to go?)
- Playing “What if” with your writing friends.
- BONUS: Read children’s books! (Here’s one from my cousin, just published.)
- BONUS: See the earth from space. That will give you perspective.
What inspires you to write fiction?
Post in the comments below.