Do You Want to Write a Middle-Grade or Young Adult Novel?
December 14, 2010, 7-9:30pm Join us for the Writing the Middle-Grade or Young Adult Novel — Introductory Workshop. Sign up now here.
Writing the Middle-Grade or Young Adult Novel — Introductory Workshop
This workshop is for you if you’re writing a middle-grade or young adult novel and are wondering:
- * –> Is my writing voice suited to young adult?
- * — > How do make my writing better?
- * –> Am I ready to submit my novel to the marketplace?
Many authors think that writing a middle-grade or young adult novel is a solitary affair. (Well, lots of writers think that, don’t they?) It doesn’t have to be that way. Imagine what it would be like for you to rub shoulders, share ideas and get writing support and editorial feedback for this unique and popular genre with other writers and a writing teacher at your side.
Now you can!
Taught by experienced editor and instructor, and YA novelist, Beth Barany, in this introductory workshop, you will:
- * Gain clarity on what identifies a young adult novel
- * Get feedback on a page of your writing
- * Learn about the 3 key craft techniques that will help your writing shine
- * Uncover the sure-fire way to know if your book is ready to send to publishers and agents
- * Have an opportunity to meet other like-minded writers
- * Play with writing: yes, come prepared to write!
- * Discover how you can continue to get support with your novel going forward. In the last 30 minutes Beth will share how you can join an intimate and supportive 8-week workshop starting in mid-January 2011 tailored to the specific needs to middle-grade and YA novelists.
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 14, 7-9:30pm
WHERE: Marin Ave., Berkeley, CA. Private residence. Address given upon registration.
INVESTMENT: $20 Pre-registration only. Sign up now here.